CHEETAH Movement

CHEETAH Movement

Self-harm: A "SILENT EPIDEMIC"

   
    There's no such thing as a particular person who'd self harm. It can place an affect on anyone of any age, background, or race. This epidemic has no boundary of which it cross or no limits to who it reaches. However, girls and young women are more at risk(although boys are self harming more so frequently than ever before. People who are dependent on drugs and alcohol are at a much higher risk as well. Also, the LGBT COMMUNITY because this group is faced with more adversity, some sprouting from religious beliefs and morals, others vary from each individual personal beliefs. Regardless of who the person is self harming, this is something that needs to be taken seriously, it has literally become a "silent epidemic." 

Self harm can be triggered from a number of things, a few could be from low self-esteem, poor body image, racial difficulties, feelings of rejections from loved ones, stress, bullying, etc. Not knowing how to deal with pressure and stress is often replaced with cutting, burning, biting, or other self injurious behaviors. Self harm is a way of releasing that tension and acts as a safety valve. It is a way of communicating without communicating and acknowledging the need for help. It sometimes is used as a punishment for oneself from feelings of shame or guilt. While some people only use self harm as a coping mechanism, others intent are to possibly end their life. 



For me, self harm was an attempt to feel something other than emotions. Once I began to feel empty, self harm became more frequent just to fight that feeling. I'd be lying if I said everyday was great and that I haven't attempted or even thought of self harm. Self harm is something that most people don't understand and think that it's something that is abolished overnight. Self harm certainly is an addiction, any addiction is hard to break. If I relapse a million times in my life, I make up in my mind to take 2 steps forward each time. It is something truly hard to deal with without feeling judged. All people want, if anything, is to feel important and that they matter regardless of their addiction. If I knew that self harm of any kind was addictive, I would've found another way, another outlet.. that's for sure. 
Everyday I strive to progress on my journey to eventually quitting with the thoughts or actions. Then again, my scars will always remind me of where I've come from and how it happened, so I don't think I'll ever completely get that thought out of my memory. I do believe that life gets better and that anything in life is certain if you believe, possibilities are endless! Every single day, regardless of how I feel, I aspire to inspire, save, and change lives. I can say, I've been more happier than I was almost a year ago. I'll continue to move forward in faith for you as you move forward for me. We can do this. I promise. Xo, Kenidra 😘❤️

If you or someone you know is in immediate danger please call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255 as soon as possible. There are people that actually care for you. You matter!!

2 comments:

  1. There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and eliminate diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome life style Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and over all well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I diagnosed diabetes in 2000. Was at work feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a glucometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescibtion like: Insulin ,Sulfonylureas,Thiazolidinediones but Icould not get the cure rather to reduce the pain abd brink back the pain again. I found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I aslo contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabtes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +2348142454860   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, PROGERIA, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE, WEAK ERECTION.,PAINFUL OR IRREGULAR MENSTRUATION.Dr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal any body that come to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +2348142454860.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I llive in clarendon hills il and i am learning about u in health class. i am in 8th grade.

    ReplyDelete